Aerolite Consulting is the top choice for asbestos and mold testing in St. George, Utah. We have years of expertise in environmental consulting and are dedicated to providing our customers with the best service possible. St. George is a beautiful city, and we want to help you keep it that way.
We’ll go through the hazards of asbestos and mold and the benefits of having asbestos and mold testing done. Mold and asbestos are not only health hazards, there are also regulations and guidelines set by the State of Utah and the EPA. Identifying these and then consulting with you on how they need to be handled or removed is what we do.
The dangers of asbestos and mold
Asbestos and mold are both potentially dangerous. They can pose a severe health risk to anyone exposed to them. According to Asbestos.com, around 90,000 individuals die from asbestos-related illnesses every year. Getting a mold and asbestos test performed is critical to ensure your St. George home and your family are kept safe.
Consistent exposure to asbestos can result in:
- Lung Disease
- Skin irritation
Mold exposure can lead to the following:
- Respiratory problems
EarthWeb notes that allergic rhinitis brought on by indoor mold and dampness costs the economy an estimated $3.7 billion. This means that not only is mold dangerous to your health, but it’s also expensive. Given the dangers of asbestos and mold, avoiding exposure to these substances is crucial.
The benefits of having asbestos and mold testing done
Asbestos is a naturally-occurring mineral used in various products for centuries due to its resistance to heat, fire, and chemicals. However, it has also been linked to many severe health conditions. It is found in thousands of building materials such as drywall, plaster, joint compound, textures, vinyl flooring, insulation, roofing, siding, and many more.
As a result, asbestos testing has become essential to protecting public health. Asbestos Nation states that Utah had 1,593 asbestos-related deaths between 1999 and 2017. While this may seem small compared to the state’s population, it’s still important to be aware of the potential hazards of asbestos exposure.
The following are reasons or benefits of asbestos testing in St. George:
- Identifying materials which contain asbestos allow you to keep your family safe.
- Asbestos fibers are so small they are often not visible to the naked eye and are easily inhaled deep into your lungs.
- When doing a renovation, remodel, or demolition of a structure the State of Utah and EPA both require an asbestos inspection be performed.
- Individuals, companies, and contractors who disturb asbestos materials can face penalties and fines from the government.
The following are some benefits of mold testing in St. George:
- Identifying the type of and quantity of mold spores can help determine if mold remediation is necessary.
- Testing can help identify active and/or hidden sources of moisture.
- Mold and the moisture it loves can cause significant structural damage to your home.
- Poor health is frequently attributed to elevated mold levels.
- When mold is found, Aerolite Consulting provides a step by step protocol for remediation.
Aerolite Consulting: Your asbestos and mold testing experts
Aerolite Consulting has years of experience in environmental consulting. We offer testing for asbestos and mold in addition to expert home inspection services.
We’re dedicated to providing our clients with amazing service. We have a team of industry leading professionals to help you identify the presence of asbestos or mold in your home or workplace. If asbestos or mold are found, our inspectors provide you knowledge, options, and solutions to address these hazards.
If you’re looking for mold and asbestos testing in St George, Utah, look no further than Aerolite Consulting. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help you protect your health and property from the hazards of asbestos and mold.